- Administratie & Secretarieel, Financieel
- HBO, WO
We are looking for a fulltime accountant for one of our clients in Eindhoven. You are responsible for the accounting of assigned subsidiaries and for the review and analysis of the monthly reporting of multiple subsidiaries (prepared by outsourced accounting agencies) within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
As an accountant you are part of an International Accounting team (8 people), responsible for the accounting and reporting of 30 foreign subsidiaries. You report to the Manager Accounting.
Within this team you will be held responsible for the accounting of assigned subsidiaries and more specific:
- General Ledger accounting: Overall GL responsibility of the accounting of assigned subsidiaries, whereby order management, revenue and AP is being taken care of by the Shared Service center in Eindhoven. You make sure that GL is up to date and all account values are supported by either sub administrations or by authorized documents and reconciliations.
- Ensure payments of suppliers and taxes are being made on time by the Shared Service Center in the Netherlands.
- Payroll: Implement and check all salary changes and bonus payments for processing through payroll via outsourced payroll administration. Reconcile output payroll administration and make journal entries in the ERP system PeopleSoft.
- Taxes: Administer and co-ordinate completions of all monthly, quarterly and annual statutory tax returns like VAT and corporate tax.
- Social Taxes: Administer and co-ordinate completion of all social security related taxes and filings.
- Statutory Accounting: Ensure local annual accounts are being prepared by local auditor and filed on time
Other tasks of the team are:
- Monthly review of financial reports small subs: Review of Balance Sheet, P&L and other reports for assigned subsidiaries
- Communication with accounting agencies: Communicate procedures, processes and adjustments to financial numbers to the accounting firms responsible for the assigned subsidiaries
- Implement new established accounting procedures by EU HQ and new PeopleSoft functionality.
- Any other financial or statutory functions as required or requested by Management.
Internal and external relationships
- External: Suppliers, Tax and Social Administrations, Banks, Tax-, Audit- and Accounting advisors, payroll providers.
- Internal: Accounting- and Finance departments in The Netherlands, USA and some EU countries. HR departments and Managers of multiple subsidiaries.
- Educational level: HEAO Business Administration / Accountancy
- Working experience in accounting (bookkeeping) at least 3 years.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (write and speak)
- Experience with accounting software programs or ERP systems (PeopleSoft, SAP etc.) is an advantage
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good communication skills, pro-activeness and determination, flexibility and team spirit, independent
- Full time position
- Position will be based in Eindhoven, Netherlands