We are looking for a fulltime Accountant for one of our clients in Eindhoven. You are assisting the Accounting Manager, responsible for the accounting of three legal entities in The Netherlands. In addition to that, you are responsible for the accounting of Dutch payroll and related employee benefits.
The accountant is part of an Accounting team, responsible for the accounting and reporting of the entities in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region.
Within this team the accountant will be held responsible for:
- Dutch payroll: Overall responsibility for payroll administration and reporting to related (tax) authorities. Implement and check all salary changes and bonus payments for processing through payroll via outsourced payroll administration. Reconcile output payroll administration and make journal entries in the ERP system PeopleSoft.
- Dutch social taxes: Administer and co-ordinate completion of all social security related taxes and filings.
- Contract management: Review and approval of contracts based on transfer pricing framework, submitted purchase requisitions and internal guidelines like payment conditions.
- Ensure payments of suppliers are being made on time by the AP team in the Netherlands.
Other tasks of the team are:
- Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts: Preparation of monthly reconciliation of assigned GL accounts in the software tool Blackline.
- Audit: responsible for supporting the external auditor during the annual audit of Dutch payroll costs
- Assist the Accounting Manager with various tasks
- Any other financial or statutory functions as required or requested by Management.
- Educational level: MEAO Business Administration / Accountancy
- Working experience in accounting (bookkeeping) at least 3 years
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (writing and speaking)
- Experience with payroll accounting is considered an advantage
- Experience with accounting software programs or ERP systems (PeopleSoft, SAP etc.) is an advantage
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good communication skills, pro-activeness and determination, flexibility, team spirit and independency
- Full time position
- Position will be based in the Accounting Shared Service Center in Eindhoven, Netherlands