- Fulltime, Parttime
- Financieel, Techniek
- MBO, HBO
For one of our clients from Veldhoven, we are looking for a Purchase Cost Specialist. You are a member of the Purchase Cost Control team and you are responsible for the BOM (Bill of Material) cost analysis and verification in the overall RFQ (Request for Quotation) process.
Duties & responsibilities
- Register the RFQ’s in the CONDB database and follow-up of the completion of the RFQ;
- Execute a primary check on the data stored on the dedicated server location;
- Analyze the validity of the components prices in the purchase database and fix/verify the valid prices in the RFQ-file or BomConnector Tool. The validity will be checked with regards to time-validity and quantity validity;
- Analyze the prices not only with the prices in the SAP database for known components, but have a focus on parallel RFQ’s in order to avoid multiple RFQ for identical components;
- Send out a RFQ to the commodity teams for those items where price are not valid or cannot be fixed/verified anymore. The list of components will be completed with other commercial information such as total project quantity, order policies, total period of project, etc.;
- Upon completion of the RFQ by the commodity teams, the purchase cost specialist will make a first evaluation of the received quotations and report to the commodity teams in case anomalies has been detected;
- Check if procedures for cost drivers (80% value/ 3 competitive quotations/ project conditions/…) are met and in case shortcomings are noticed, the purchase cost specialist will return the RFQ to the concerned commodity team in order to enforce respect for the procedures;
- If no anomalies are reported, the purchase cost specialist will summarize the RFQ and send back to the COCA-team so they can prepare a quotation to the customer;
- Assist in making continuous evolution of the market prices by checking the product price variance tables and comparing these to best-in-class price performers;
- Assist in defining the reports that might be needed from the purchase cost data base such as win/ lose rate, price reports between different actors, etc.
In this function you report to the Purchase Cost Control Team Leader.
- A finished education in Elektronica (MBO / HBO)
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (writing and speaking)
- Technical knowledge
- You are able to think out-of-the-box
Your salary will be € 2500 – € 3500 bruto per month.